Navigation Home - AA-Fishing Lakes Fish

Guide To Fishing At Lake Wylie

AKA: Wylie Reservoir

Pick A LakePick A SpeciesPick A State

What to fish for...

Fishing for largemouth bass, channel catfish, flathead catfish, black crappie, white crappie, walleye, bluegill, pumpkinseed sunfish, redbreast sunfish, redear sunfish, warmouth, white perch, yellow perch and chain pickerel at Lake Wylie in South Carolina.

Lake Wylie, SC

Considered by many to be among the top bass fishing lakes in the southeast, Lake Wylie also has much to offer to those seeking other fish species. Anglers will find healthy populations of crappie, white bass, perch, sunfish, chain pickerel and catfish roaming these waters. Lake Wylie is a 12,000-acre lake on the northern border of South Carolina, at Tega Cay. About 60% of the 1,200 miles of shoreline are in SC, the other 40% in NC.

There is plenty of accessible shoreline for bank fishing near the four boat launch ramps plus two public access areas. There is easy launch of pleasure boats and fishing boats - from kayaks and canoes to pontoons and ski boats. Available rental boats include jon boats, pontoons and house boats. Campgrounds with RV hookups, lodging, restaurants, tackle stores, convenience stores and marinas are all available at Wylie Lake.

Fishing Boats For Rent In South Carolina

Primary fish species residing in Lake Wylie

Click images for fishing tips and details about each species.

Most Popular Bass Lures
Most Popular Bass Lures

Largemouth bass Channel catfish Flathead catfish Black crappie White crappie Walleye Bluegill Pumpkinseed Sunfish Redbreast Sunfish Redear Sunfish Warmouth Sunfish White Perch Yellow Perch Chain pickerel

Lake Wylie Amenities

Marina: YES
Boat Rental: YES
Boat Launch Ramp: YES
Campgrounds: YES
RV Hookups: YES
Lodging: YES
Convenience Store: YES
Bait & Tackle: YES
Restaurant: YES

Today's Weather & Forecast

Fishing Boat Rentals

Destination Watersports
Rentals: Pontoon boats
704 912-5400

Holley Watersports
Rentals: Kayaks
704 591-5383

Tega Cay Marina & Boat Rentals
Rentals: Pontoon boats
803 548-3715

Public Boat Launch Ramps & Landings

Allison Creek Boat Launch Ramp
Located in the southwest section of the lake, off Viesta Road, this is a four-lane, concrete ramp with docks and paved parking.

Buster Boyd Boat Launch Ramp
Located in the northwest section of the lake, at the north end of the York Road Bridge, this is a four-lane, concrete ramp with docks and paved parking.

Ebenezer Boat Launch Ramp
Located in the southwest section of the lake, off Boatshore Road, this is a threes-lane, concrete ramp with dock and paved parking.

Nivens Creek Landing Boat Launch Ramp
Located in the southeast section of the lake, off Nivens Landing Drive, this is a two-lane, concrete ramp with a dock and paved parking.

Marinas

Lake Club Marina
4500 Harbor Inn Rd.
Rock Hill, SC 29732
803 548-3715

Tega Cay Marina & Boat Rentals
28000 Marina Drive
Tega Cay, SC 29708
803 548-3715

Click here for a South Carolina Fishing License.

Campgrounds & RV Parks Nearby

Ebenezer Park Campground - 803 366-6620

Charlotte-Fort Mill KOA Journey Campground - 803 548-1148

Lakeside Campground - 727 946-4389

Lake Wylie Mobile Home/RV Campground - 803 831-7000

Lake Wylie SC Map - Fishing & Camping Areas

Lake Video

Contact Information

Lake Wylie
Ebenezer Park
4490 Boatshore Rd
Rock Hill, SC 29732
803 366-6620

 

Fishing lakes in each state.

AL Fishing Lakes AR Fishing Lakes AZ Fishing Lakes CA Fishing Lakes CO Fishing Lakes CT Fishing Lakes DC Fishing Lakes DE Fishing Lakes FL Fishing Lakes GA Fishing Lakes HI Fishing Lakes IA Fishing Lakes ID Fishing Lakes
IL Fishing Lakes IN Fishing Lakes KS Fishing Lakes KY Fishing Lakes LA Fishing Lakes MA Fishing Lakes MD Fishing Lakes ME Fishing Lakes MI Fishing Lakes MN Fishing Lakes MO Fishing Lakes MS Fishing Lakes MT Fishing Lakes
NC Fishing Lakes ND Fishing Lakes NE Fishing Lakes NH Fishing Lakes NJ Fishing Lakes NM Fishing Lakes NV Fishing Lakes NY Fishing Lakes OH Fishing Lakes OK Fishing Lakes OR Fishing Lakes PA Fishing Lakes
RI Fishing Lakes SC Fishing Lakes SD Fishing Lakes TN Fishing Lakes TX Fishing Lakes UT Fishing Lakes VA Fishing Lakes VT Fishing Lakes WA Fishing Lakes WI Fishing Lakes WV Fishing Lakes WY Fishing Lakes